The hamlet of Hogebrug falls under the Driebruggen municipality. It lies between the Enkele Wiericke and Dubbele Wiericke canals. Both of these canals were constructed in the 15th century and later became part of the Old Dutch Waterline. This point was the weakest link in the line, because this was where the French troops made the crossing in the Disaster Year of 1672. Although cattle breeding is the main business in Hogebrug, it is also home to a staircase factory and a furniture manufacturer.